Jennifer has practiced law in the Puget Sound region since 2002. First in private practice, specializing in domestic relations, guardianships, and collections, then she served the public for five years as a Deputy Prosecutor in the family support division of the Kitsap County Prosecutor’s Office. During her career, Jennifer has handled everything from uncontested divorces to complex property disputes and custody battles involving outside agencies and third parties. Jennifer has also participated in several guardianships, representing the Alleged Incapacitated Person in contentious cases.
Education and Affiliations
- J.D., University of Nevada, Las Vegas William S. Boyd School of Law
- B.A., History, Southern Utah University
- Washington State Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association & Kitsap County Bar Association
- Board Member, Family Law Section
- Pierce County Washington Women Lawyers
- Treasurer (2013-2014)
- Judicial Evaluation Committee (2014)
- Co-President (2015-2016)
- Kitsap County Prosecutor’s Guild, President (2009-2011)
- Kitsap Legal Services Board (2004-2010)
- Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, Kitsap Legal Services (2006)
- Author, “Minor Mothers and Consent to Adoption: An Anomaly in Youth Law”, Adoption Quarterly (2001)
- Scholarship Chair, American Inns of Court, Robert J. Bryan Chapter
- "Best Lawyer" South Sound Magazine (2015)
"Often, the best solution can be reached by working collaboratively with the other party. Given the sometimes volatile nature of family relationships, negotiation is not always the answer. When litigation becomes necessary we will effectively and vigorously represent your best interests."
Jennifer is a Las Vegas native, but is proud to call Tacoma home after living in the area for over ten years. She enjoys nothing more than spending time with her lively son, Bennett, her Corgi mix, Finn, and a good bottle of wine. During the rainy season, Jennifer is an avid film-goer. Come spring, Jennifer anxiously awaits Tacoma’s beautiful summers, filled with farmer’s markets and outdoor festivals.